From the operational point of view, Windows 10 OS comes up with various features. So, it provides several benefits to users. The available variety distinguishes it from other OS. So, many users go for the application of this in their system. They wish to have it for better results. It is ready with the Hrad Disk Drive i.e. HDD. This is a standard type of system available there. But, in today’s world, Solid-State Drives (SSD) are preferred more. You can easily migrate to SSD. Many users are unaware of ‘How to Move Windows 10 to SSD?’. No need to worry at all. We are providing the tutorial regarding the same. You can also check more How To Tutorials for better solutions. To speed up the ongoing system, you need to use the SSD. So, you can apply this data. To fulfill this purpose, have a look at ‘How to Move Windows 10 to SSD?’.
How to Move Windows 10 to SSD?
SSD has a major impact on today’s technical fields. The durability & speed are highly demanding features for the same. Thus, users attract more towards more facility services. So, it is always better to switch to SSD from the traditional HDD. Considering this important point, we are delivering here a tutorial on ‘How to Move Windows 10 to SSD?’. If you are a user of HDD & wish to move to SSD, then you are doing the right choice. Several benefits of SSD take over the HDD. That is why you should move toward this application soon. Thus, you are on the right platform for this purpose. You will get the possible solutions for this problem. Join us on this journey.
Also Read: How To Fix USB Flash Drive Showing 0 Bytes in Windows 10.
Reasons to Move Windows 10 to SSD
Every user wishes to have better accessibility. So, from that point of view, you wish to prefer SSD over HDD. There are several other reasons also. all of those may be responsible for this transformation. But, we are enlisting here some of the major reasons fr this operation. Go through them for a better understanding.
- Higher Speed Factor: The main reason why people migrate to SSD is none other than the speed. Users wishing to get a higher speed while performing any operation on the system. So, the manufacturer made this SSD design so compatible to give higher speed. Thus, you can access all the applications & features so smoothly compared to HDD. It increases the efficiency of your work easily. So, this migration takes place.
- Size & Durability: Apart from the above entity, the size & durability of the SSD matter a lot. So, these factors play a vital role in this scenario. Thinking from that perspective, users jump toward these unique features for better performance. In comparison with the HDD, SSD has a smaller size & more durability. Thus, no doubt, it is better for applying it to your system.
How to Install Windows 10 on a New Hard Drive
You should follow the steps given below to install Windows 10 on a new hard drive. So, go through them.
- Install your new hard drive or the SSD on your system. D this carefully.
- Next to that, you need to plug in the Windows 10 installation USB drive. Alternatively, you can insert the Windows 10 disk. So, do this needful thing.
- It is time to change the BIOS boot order to make it boot from install media. Complete the operation successfully.
- Now, follow the path ‘Language –> Time –> Keyboard Language –> Next’. Follow it carefully.
- Enter the License Key & choose the ‘Install Now’ option.
- Follow the further instructions as mentioned & it will install successfully.
Thus, you can easily make this operation happen on your system.
How Long Does it Take to Install Windows 10?
Windows 10 will take about 30 minutes to 1-hour time duration to get installed. So, you need to keep this point in mind.
How Much Space Does Windows 10 Take
Windows 10 OS takes around 25 – 40 GB of space. So, make sure that you have that much space available in your system.
How Big is Windows 10
Windows 10 release ISO size varies in the range of 4-6.5 GB. On the other hand, the decompressed file size varies from 14 to 16 GB.
Pre-requirement Factors to Move Windows 10 to SSD
There are some prerequisites before going for the migration of SSD from HDD. Thus, we are listing some of them to follow properly. Just get through them fr the information purpose.
- You should have a healthy system drive to prevent errors to get this operation fulfilled.
- You need to insert the SSD into your system or connect it with the help of a USB cable. This will help to make the process easy.
- SSD must possess sufficient space for storing the old volume data. So, make sure about it.
- Most importantly, you should back up all the data on the hard drive.
Thus, these are the pre-essential factors to move towards the actual operation.
Useful Method to Execute the Operation
There is a systematic way to execute this activity. So, go through the steps mentioned below to do it properly. The simple steps are mentioned here to fulfill the action.
1 ) Hard Drive Back up & Defragmentation
This is the foremost thing to move towards the first step here.
Choose the ‘Defragment and optimize drives
Follow the path given below & choose the ‘Defragment and optimize drives option.
Search Bar --> Defrag --> Defragment and optimize drives
Do this necessary operation here.
Hard Disk Optimization
Now, optimize your hard disk with the help of this useful tool. It is important to perform this operation to move further.
2 ) Checking for the Space Availability & Creating
Further, you need to fee some space on the hard drive. So, you can make it by deleting unnecessary files on the system. It is also required to have the required space on SSD also. So, confirm it & make there if it is possible. This is essential and plays a key role in the overall process. So, do follow it carefully.
3 ) Data Transfer on SSD to Move Windows 10 to SSD
Moving ahead, the system drive backup operation is to carry out here. Thus, go for using the ‘EaseUS Todo Backup’ application. It is free & works efficiently. So, choose the ‘Clone’ option from the left-hand side of the window. Then, click on the ‘Disk Clone’ option available there. Choose the source & target volumes accurately. Further, hit the ‘Optimize for SSD’ box and press the ‘Next’ button on the screen.
4 ) Making the Original Drive Clean
Next to that, you need to clean this original drive. It is not a tough task to perform. So, move towards the ‘This PC’ option available on the home screen. Then, click on that to view the hidden drive folders. Now, right-click on the folder icon you wish to clear completely. It will display various options there. So, choose the ‘Format’ option from there to clean the drive easily.
5 ) Files & Folders Restoration
Eventually, you reach this stage. When you complete the drive cloning operation, you need to restore them to your system. So, connect the backed volume & let it open through the ‘File Explorer application. Here, perform the copy-pasting operation for your system.
This is all about moving Windows 10 to SSD in a simple way. Thus, follow this process to make your system faster. Finally, you will get the desired results for better performance. Stay tuned for such tutorials on this platform.