Windows 10 operating system is ready with various features. There are various useful applications available there. Moreover, it provides useful activities resulting in better results. Many times, you need to connect the USB flash drive or the external SD card to the system. Thus, it becomes essential to make it happen in a positive & safe way. But, many users face the error that it is showing ‘0’ bytes of memory. It is a situation to panic. But don’t worry. Many users don’t have any idea about ‘How To Fix USB Flash Drive Showing 0 Bytes in Windows 10?’. Don’t bother at all. We are ready here with a proper solution. So, you can easily apply it to your system. Here we go for this informative tutorial ‘How To Fix USB Flash Drive Showing 0 Bytes in Windows 10?’. You can also check more how-to articles.
Table of Contents
- How To Fix USB Flash Drive Showing 0 Bytes in Windows 10?
- Reasons Responsible for Show USB Flash Drive 0 Bytes in Windows 10
- Method – 1 ) Connecting the Removable Drive to Other System
- Method – 2 ) Removing Extra USB Drive
- Method – 3 ) Making Use of ‘Command Prompt’ To Fix USB Flash Drive Showing 0 Bytes in Windows 10
- Method – 4 ) Installing Anti-virus Software
How To Fix USB Flash Drive Showing 0 Bytes in Windows 10?
There are various purposes behind accessing a pen drive or flash drive. So, it is required to be safe & secure. Thus, you need to overcome this issue. The display of ‘0’ byte error does not mean there is no data. It also doesn’t mean that the data is lost. But, the problem is regarding various affecting factors. We are delivering here a tutorial on ‘How To Fix USB Flash Drive Showing 0 Bytes in Windows 10?’. Here you will get some of the most useful methods to tackle this issue. Thus, these techniques will repair the problem & restore the data successfully. Join us on this amazing journey now.
Reasons Responsible for Show USB Flash Drive 0 Bytes in Windows 10
There are various types of reasons that are responsible for this problem. All of them may have an impact on that. But, we are providing here some of them for your understanding.
- Virus Attack: One of the major reasons is nothing but the virus attack. Thus, there may be the possibility of any kind of virus. So, when you connect your device to the system, it attacks that. Eventually, it results in data loss. That is why it shows this error while doing the operation related to it. So, you need to take precautions taking this point into account.
- USB Connection Failure with Computer: The connection between the USB & your computer system may be so weak. Thus, it results in showing this kind of error. The failure in connectivity may lead to hampering the storage data on your flash drive easily. So, you should make sure that there is proper connectivity available.
- Physical Damage in USB Flash Drive or Memory Card: This is also another reason for making the error display on the system. Tus, you must ensure that there is no physical damage to the flash drive or the memory card. It will lead to having this error while operating.
Thus, these are the main reasons responsible for the error occurrence. You should keenly take them into account & do the necessary processes. Here we are giving some of the possible ways to tackle this issue. Go through them.
Useful Methods to Fix USB Flash Drive Showing 0 Bytes in Windows 10
Various methods are available there to get rid of this issue. But, we are providing here some of them for your convenience. Do adhere to them to resolve this issue.
Method – 1 ) Connecting the Removable Drive to Other System
When you see this error with your drive, don’t worry. Connect to another PC to confirm the error’s existence. If it is not there then it is the problem for your system. So, back up the files & format this storage device.
Method – 2 ) Removing Extra USB Drive
Sometimes, we connect more than one USB drive to the system. But, that’s not good from the operational point of view. It may cause interrupt the normal working of USB. Thus, make sure that there are not more than drives connected.
Method – 3 ) Making Use of ‘Command Prompt’ To Fix USB Flash Drive Showing 0 Bytes in Windows 10
You can go for using the ‘Command Prompt’ for this purpose also. So, go through the steps provided below to reach the final destination properly. Just do adhere to these simple steps & get the solution.
1 ) Search for the ‘cmd’ Command
First of all, move towards the left-bottom corner of the window. Then, click on the ‘Start Menu’ button available there. In the search bar on the right side, type ‘cmd’. It will show the application icon. Choose it for further use. Do this necessary operation here.
2 ) Choose the ‘Run as administrator’ Option
Further, right-click on the application icon displayed on the screen. Then, multiple options will get displayed there So, click the ‘Run as administrator’ option there to proceed ahead. It will lead to the actual ‘Command Prompt Window’ for operational purposes.
3 ) Command Addition Phase
Now, simply copy the command given below. Then, paste on the screen of the ‘Command Prompt’ window displayed.
attrib –h –r –s /s /d g:\*.*
Here, replace the ‘g’ letter with the USB drive letter you have. It is important to perform this operation. So, look into it carefully.
When you add it there simply hit the Enter button for the execution.
Thus, it will work out for your system. Eventually, this problem will get resolved completely. So, go for it for sure.
Method – 4 ) Installing Anti-virus Software
This is another useful way to resolve this issue. So, if there are no hardware issues available then it is happening because of the virus. Thus, your system requires strong & trusted anti-virus software. So, it will vanish this unwanted virus to protect your device. This will finish the malicious software that is responsible for the ‘0’ bytes error.
In this way, this is all about fixing USB Flash Drive errors in your system. So, go through this elaborative data to get the proper solution. Thus, we assure you that any or all of the above-mentioned methods will help to get out of this problem easily. Stay connected with this platform to have such beautiful & informative tutorials for your convenience.