It is well-known that the Aadhar Card is a very essential document. Further, the central government’s statutory authority called UIDAI provides this unique service. In addition, it is a very useful document in many aspects. But, ‘How to apply for Aadhar Card?’ is a typical problem faced by many of us. We are ready to guide you. So, we are providing here a thorough process. Let’s take a look at ‘How to apply for an Aadhar Card?’. You can also check more How to Tutorials for better solutions.
Table of Contents
How to apply for Aadhar Card?
Aadhar is a 12-digit unique identity number. Moreover, it is useful for the citizen’s identity & other beneficial purposes. Thus, getting the Aadhar card properly is the common man’s right. So, in this tutorial, we are informing you about ‘How to apply for Aadhar Card?’ which will help you.
Step – 1 ) Locating an Aadhar Enrolment Centre
- Visit the Aadhar Enrolment Centre as a first step.
- The process of enrolment is free of cost.
- You can enroll in any nearest center you would like to.
- After visiting the UIDAI official website, search for an enrolment center near you.
- Thus, You can do it easily when your information gets entered.
Step – 2 ) Visit the Enrolment Centre with Appropriate Documents
- Now, be present with certain documents for fulfilling the identity proof.
- For Identity proof purposes, you can submit your Driving Licence, PAN Card, Voter ID, Passport, etc. documents to the specified center.
- As an address proof purpose, you can submit an Electricity/Water Bill, Passport, PAN Card, etc.
- If you don’t have an individual valid document then there is another option.
- The document of your family containing your details is also applicable.
- In this case, the head of the family should enroll for Aadhaar.
Step – 3 ) Enrolling for Aadhar with information
- Submit all the required personal information carefully.
- Along with the mandatory data like name, residential address, birth date, and contact number provide your detailed demographic data.
- Providing your biometric data containing the photograph, fingerprints & scanning of the iris is sufficient.
- For the children below 5, their parents are allowed to provide their name, Aadhar & biometrics for the process.
Step – 4 ) Collection of an Acknowledgement slip
- After the completion of the above steps, you will receive an acknowledgment slip that contains a 14-digit enrolment number or ID which is necessary for the further steps.
- It is useful for checking the Aadhaar card status for the sake of our information.
Step – 5 ) Download Aadhaar Card
- After getting the enrolment ID, download Aadhaar Card by visiting the official UIDAI website. (https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/)
In this way, following the above steps, you can apply for an Aadhar card & get it easily.