A passport is a very important kind of document which is necessary for international traveling purposes. The central government issues it for the citizen’s identity. It is also useful for nationality verification. The major problem for many people is ‘How to Apply for a Passport?’. We have also covered the article on ‘How to Apply for Aadhar Card‘. Looking into this segment, We are providing here thorough information regarding ‘How to Apply for a Passport?’ for those who are unaware of it.
- How to Apply for a Passport?
How to Apply for a Passport?
For the number of first-time users, who are looking towards ‘How to Apply for a Passport?’, we are giving detailed information. We are trying to resolve all the various types of issues regarding applying for a passport. So, we assure you that this tutorial is going to help you.
Step – 1 ) Visit ‘Passport Seva’ Online Portal
- As per the recommendations of The Ministry of External Affairs, all the procedures regarding passports are in an online way.
- So, visit the Passport Seva Online Portal for further process. (https://passportindia.gov.in/)
Step – 2 ) Registration Process
- Those who are existing users can log in to the accounts using their user ID & password.
- Newcomer fresher applicants should create their new accounts.
- To create a new account, go to the ‘Register now’ option covered under ‘New User’.
- Enter your ID & password and register.
Step – 3 ) Choose the type of application
- Select the appropriate application type from ‘Fresh passport/Passport reissue’ to proceed further.
Step – 4 ) Filling the Application Form
- After choosing the application type, move ahead to fill out the application form.
- After filling in the required expected details, you can submit the form.
- Before submitting the form, it’s better to check it once to make it error-free.
Step – 5 ) Pay & Schedule the Appointment
- After the form filling & submission, you can schedule your appointment at the nearest Passport Seva Kendra (PSK).
- It has done mandatory to do the payment to get your appointment to be scheduled.
Step – 6 ) Printing Application Receipt
- After the successful online payment, click on the ‘Print Application Receipt’ link to get your Application Reference Number (ARN) or Appointment Number.
- At the time of visiting the Passport Office, an SMS containing the Application Number is also considered to be the proof instead of presenting the printouts.
Step – 7 ) Visit Passport Seva Kendra
- Get all the previously mentioned steps done, visit the selected Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) or Regional Passport Office (RPO).
- Do go along with your original documents while visiting
In this way, following the above-mentioned steps, anyone can get a satisfactory solution for ‘How to Apply for a Passport?’.