Calculating the Percentage is a very essential operation in various aspects nowadays. The percentage calculation is the main & also an integral part of mathematical operations to be performed. ‘How to Calculate the Percentage?’ is a highly demanded query asked for the sake of simplifying mathematical procedures. We are well equipped with the solutions for your queries regarding ‘How to Calculate the Percentage?’.
How to Calculate the Percentage?
To define Percentage Mathematically, it’s either the numbers or the ratios which are expressed as fractions of 100.
‘How to Calculate the Percentage for the given numbers and values?’ is the most essential part of performing numerous mathematical operations in day-to-day life so here’s the solution. Placing the numbers and values in some definite formula or well-framed structure gives us the required accurate solution. This tutorial is going to satisfy all your queries regarding Percentage Calculation.
How to Calculate the Percentage?
- To calculate the Percentage, there are many ways available.
- For the sake of simplicity & convenience, we are going to focus on the very basic formula which can be modified with the requirements.
Basic Percentage formula
The basic percentage is calculated with help of dividing the number of which you want to find the percentage by the total number with which you want to compare.
Types of percentage problems
Type – 1 ) Finding ‘X’ percent of ‘Y’
Ex. Find 10% of 100
- This problem is of Find ‘X’ percent of ‘Y’ type
- X% * Y = ?
- X is 10%, Y is 100. Putting these values, the required equation becomes 10% * 100 =?
- Now we’ve to convert 10% to a decimal format by removing the percentage (%) sign and dividing the number by 100. So, it becomes 10/100 = 0.10
- Now substituting 0.10 for 10% in the above equation we modify the equation as 10% * 100 =? becomes 0.10 * 100 = ?
- Performing the simple mathematical multiplication operation we get, the answer 0.10 * 150 = 15
- Thus, 10% of 100 is 10
Type – 2 ) Finding what percent of ‘X’ is ‘Y’
Ex. Find What percent of 50 is 10?
- This problem is to find what percent of ‘X’ is ‘Y’
- Using the formula: Y/X = ? %
- As per the above formula, X= 50, Y = 10. The modified equation becomes 10/50 = ? %
- Performing the simple mathematical division operation 10/50 = 0.20
- The result we get will always be in decimal form & not in the required percentage form. After multiplying the result by 100 we get the percentage.
- So, converting 0.20 to a percentage: 0.20 * 100 = 20%
- Thus 10 is 20% of 50.
Type – 3 ) Finding ‘X’ if ‘M’ percent of ‘X’ is ‘Y’
Ex. Find 20 is 40% of what number?
- Here we’ve to use the percentage formula: Y/M% = X
- Y = 20, M = 40. So the equation is 20/40% = X
- Dividing by 100, the percentage gets converted to a decimal.
- 40% into decimal = 40/100 = 0.40
- Putting 0.40 for 40% in the above equation = 20/0.40 = ?
- Performing the simple mathematical division operation 20/0.40 = 50
- Thus 20 is 40% of the number 50
There are several fine websites available on the internet from which you can calculate the percentage. Here, We provide you with one of them which we found useful from a results point of view.
Check this Percentage Calculator with the help of this you can easily calculate percentages.
Similarly, TNHRCE is the place where you can find out How To Tutorials in an easy way. Check Out Mathematics Section for such calculations.